Absolute quantification of all Legionella and Legionella pneumophila in drinking or cooling water samplesProduct Number: 00230010
Lab analysis of Legionella in water and cooling water
Absolute quantification of all Legionella bacteria contained in water samples. All members of Legionella as well as L. pneumophila are detected parallel in one analysis. Quantification is carried out by colony forming units (cfu) per analyzed sample volume (normally 100 ml). Absolute quantification means that every grown colony is tested.
Results will be provided within 4 working days after sample receipt.
Qualitative or quantitative detection?
Absolute quantitative detection.
Which method is applied?
After your water sample is filtrated the membrane is incubated on GVPC-Agar for 3 days. Microcolonies are then analyzed by applying our reliable VIT® gene probes directly onto the membrane.
Which requirements are important?
- Samples: drinking water, cooling water etc., minimum 150 ml
- Biofilm: Please request our specific biofilm sampling protocol.
This service is also available as serviceplus.
For an on-site analysis we also recommend our test kit Scan VIT® Legionella.
- concurrent, separate detection of all Legionella and Legionella pneumophila
- absolute quantification (KBE per filtrated volume)
- only living bacteria are detected
- short time-to-result
- maximum specificity
- detection via Scan VIT® gene probe technology
- analysis of drinking water and cooling water samples