Absolute quantification of all Legionella pneumophila in drinking or cooling water samplesProduct Number: 01230013
Labor analysis of Legionella pneumophila in water
Absolute quantification of all Legionella pneumophila bacteria contained in water samples. Quantification is carried out by colony forming units (cfu) per analyzed sample volume (normally 100 ml). Absolute quantification means that every grown colony is tested.
Results will be provided within 4 working days after sample receipt.
Qualitative or quantitative detection?
Absolute quantitative detection
Which method is applied?
After your water sample has been filtrated, the membrane is incubated on GVPC-Agar 3 days. Microcolonies are then analyzed by applying our VIT® gene probes directly onto the membrane.
Which requirements are important?
- Water samples: drinking water, cooling water etc., minimum 150 ml
- Biofilm: Please request our specific biofilm sampling protocol.
This service is also available as serviceplus.
You can also order an analysis for Legionella spp.: Rapid and specific quantification of Legionella.
For verification of suspicious colonies we recommend: Identification of Legionella spp. and Legionella penumophila.
- detection of all L. pneumophila serogroups
- absolute quantification (cfu per filtrated sample volume)
- detection of living bacteria exclusively
- rapid detection
- highest specificity
- detection is carried out with ScanVIT® technology
- analysis of drinking water and cooling water samples