Rapid identification of Megasphaera cerevisiae and Pectinatus spp.
Analysis of the genus Pectinatus and of Megasphaera cerevisiae in parallel. For beer, raw material and water samplesProduct Number: 01230004
Lab analysis of Pectinatus spp. and M. cerevisiae
The analysis specifically detects all members of Pectinatus as well as Megasphaera cerevisiae. Detection is carried out rapidly and unequivocally in beer, environmental and process samples.
Results will be provided within 3 working days after sample receipt, in case of readily enriched samples or biofilm samples by the next working day.
Qualitative or quantitative detection?
Which method is applied?
The reliable VIT® gene probe technology.
Which requirements are important?
Product and raw material samples:
- beer and mixed beer drinks, minimum 100 ml
- water samples (e.g. soda, rinsing water etc.), minimum 150 ml
- Pre-enriched bouillons (10 ml) or agar plates with colonies: this allows a shorter in time-to-result (in this case, results are expected for the 1st working day after sample receipt).
- Please request our specific biofilm sampling protocol.
You would prefer to analyze your samples in your on-site laboratory? No problem with our test kit VIT® Bier Megasphaera/Pectinatus.
- unequivocal identification of beer-spoiling bacteria Pectinatus and Megasphaera cerevisiae
- individual declaration of beer-spoiling microorganisms
- safe determination of mixtures of beer-spoiling microorganisms
- detection of living bacteria exclusively
- incomparably fast operational time
- safe trace detection
- highest specificity