Hinweise
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. #1 How to prevent EHEC in daily life 
    New User
    The increasing number of EHEC cases in Germany frightens me. What are your suggestions to prevent infections by EHEC?

New User Avatar von thomasKA
    At the moment it seems that vegetables from the north of Germany is suspicious and needs to be washed thoroughly. In general try to avoid eating your steak very bloody.

New User
    The most frightening thing is that antibiotics do not really help in this case. Are the EHEC bacteria really resistent?

New User
    I don`t think that this EHEC is really resistent against the majority of antibiotics. However, they don`t treat the infected persons because then, EHEC will be disrupted and high amounts of toxins will be released into the body which might kill the people. That is the reason why "blood washing" is generally applied in order to polish the blood from excreted toxin.

New User
    I really can`t believe that on feeled day 10 after the outbreak they start again at point zero with the search for the contamination source. In my opinion the management of this crisis by the German authorities is more than insufficient.

New User
    Zitat Zitat von susanneXT Beitrag anzeigen
    The increasing number of EHEC cases in Germany frightens me. What are your suggestions to prevent infections by EHEC?
    Do not overreact. That is the best suggestion. Try to maintain a good hygiene standard. This is the best you can do.

New User
    Latest news from today: an infected but not yet sick person from a catering service in the north of Germany, infected 20 people, with three of them having developed the HUS syndrom so far. So even with a personal good hygiene standard it doesn`t help you if you eat such contaminated food. Best would be to avoid restaurants, pubs, and any food not prepared by yourself. Probably until any further infections occur.

New User
    Has anyone heard about the possibility that bacteria can be introduced into plants via the roots and can than survive within the plants?

New User
    Zitat Zitat von louis55 Beitrag anzeigen
    Has anyone heard about the possibility that bacteria can be introduced into plants via the roots and can than survive within the plants?
    Yes it is possible. Researchers from the Purdue University detected that after contamination seeds with pathogens prior to planting they were able to detect the bacteria within the peanut seedlings.

New User
    Zitat Zitat von atomheart Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes it is possible. Researchers from the Purdue University detected that after contamination seeds with pathogens prior to planting they were able to detect the bacteria within the peanut seedlings.
    Interesting read - thank you.

Lesezeichen
Lesezeichen